Thursday, June 18, 2009

Transformation Opportunity - 6/18/2009

Today's Mental Image: Unwanted!

(After I) began my path of growth, I wondered one day if God wanted to have anything to do with me anymore, or if I were someone he didn't want.
-
I prayed, and God did not seem to answer me; my pains and hurts were not quickly going away. I thought God had left me.
-
In the midst of these thoughts I remember a pastor telling me, "If God were through with you, you would not be worried about it or wanting to have anything to do with him.
The desire you feel for him and for growth can only some from him and his Spirit. If you are moving toward God, it's because he's moving toward you. Rest in this fact. If you want him, he is looking for you."[John 6:44]
-
I found out there is no such thing as "wanting God" and not being able to have him. If we want him, he is looking for us.
-
[I believe this quote is from HOW PEOPLE GROW: What the Bible Reveals about Personal Growth by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend. I highly recommend the book!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy