Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Heaping Coals Of Fire








Always forgive
your enemies;

nothing annoys
them so much!
              Oscar Wilde


If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.
                Romans 12:20 NKJV
 
 
OKAY!  So Your Intentions matter!

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. 
Romans 12:17 NIV

Do Not Forgive For The Sake Of Annoying!  Do Not Heap Coals Of Fire On Their Heads For The Sake Of Burning Them!  Though Sometimes I'd Like To!

Some days I'd like to go back to the last place people hurt me so bad and just irritate the snot out of them.  Not a pretty confession for a pastor and a teacher of righteousness.  But, in my healing, sometimes I am still tempted with those evil thoughts.  After all why should they get to go merrily on their way rejoicing over evil and misrepresenting, misapplying every thing in a way that suits their self justification.  It's my life that was destroyed.  (Well, that's what it felt like living through the emotional and economic aftermath.)

But even if all I believe about the situation is true.  Even if they are in fact, not just my emotive opinion, getting away with evil, that does not justify returning evil for evil.  That does not justify harboring a desire for revenge.  That does not even justify my own out of control responses at the time.  Neither does the fact that I was suffering from a medically induced major clinical depression. [a little self-justification there :)] Father forgive me.

Before God I am responsible for my words and actions.  BEFORE GOD I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY INTENTIONS.  After all God clearly states in Romans 17:19, "Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay.'" NIV

And again, in Romans 17:17 & 21, he says,  "Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good."NIV

LORD TEACH ME THE GOOD YOU WOULD HAVE ME TO DO!

WHAT ABOUT YOU? -  DO YOU STRUGGLE TOO?


PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT IT!


Photo:
annoying © katieee5 @webshots.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy