Wednesday, December 5, 2012

But Why Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem?

The Minor Prophets Speak to Today

It's A Pretty Picture

BUT WHY PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM?

 ______________________________________________________


Joel 3:17-18, 20-21
17 “Then you will know that I, the Lord your God,
live in Zion, my holy mountain.
Jerusalem will be holy forever,
and foreign armies will never conquer her again.
18 In that day the mountains will drip with sweet wine,
and the hills will flow with milk.
Water will fill the streambeds of Judah,
and a fountain will burst forth from the Lord’s Temple,
watering the arid valley of acacias.
20 “Judah will be filled with people forever,
and Jerusalem will endure through all generations.
21 I will pardon my people’s crimes,
which I have not yet pardoned;
and I, the Lord, will make my home
in Zion with my people.”
 ______________________________________________________

Why pray peace for Jerusalem?
  • Because when peace comes it will mean Christ has returned!
  • Because when she becomes the New Jerusalem what a glorious peace that will be
  • Because foreign armies will never conquer her again
  • Because in that day the mountains will drip with sweet wine
  • Because in that day the hills will flow with milk
  • Because water will fill the stream beds
  • Because the river of life will at last spring up from God's temple
  • Because Judah will be filled with people forever
  • Because the New Jerusalem will have come down from heaven and will endure forever [Revelation 3:12]
  • Because all who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God [Revelation 3:12]
  • Because then God will pardon all our crimes which have not yet been pardoned
  • Because when peace comes to Jerusalem the Lord Our God will live in Jerusalem and with us forever.

Psalm 122:6-9 (NLT)
6 Pray for peace in Jerusalem.
May all who love this city prosper.
7 O Jerusalem, may there be peace within your walls
and prosperity in your palaces.
8 For the sake of my family and friends, I will say,
“May you have peace.”
9 For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
I will seek what is best for you, O Jerusalem.

Revelation 3:12 - All who are victorious will become pillars in the Temple of my God, and they will never have to leave it. And I will write on them the name of my God, and they will be citizens in the city of my God—the new Jerusalem that comes down from heaven from my God. And I will also write on them my new name.


Last night I lay a-sleeping, there came a dream so fair
I stood in old Jerusalem beside the temple there
I heard the children singing and ever as they sang
me thought the voice of angels from heaven in answer rang
me thought the voice of angels from heaven in answer rang
Jerusalem, Jerusalem, lift up your gates and sing
Hosannah, in the highest, hosannah to the king.

And then me thought my dream was changed the streets no longer rang
Hushed were the glad hosannahs the little children sang
the sun grew dark with mystery, the morn was cold and chill
as the shadow of a cross arose upon a lonely hill
as the shadow of a cross arose upon a lonely hill
Jerusalem, Jerusalem, lift up your gates and sing
Hosannah, in the highest, hosannah to the king.

And once again the scene was changed, new earth there seemed to be
I saw the Holy City beside the tideless sea
the light of God was on its streets
The gates were opened wide,
and all who would might enter,and no one was denied.
No need of moon or stars by night, nor sun to shine by day
it was a new Jerusalem that would not pass away.
It was a new Jerusalem that would not pass away
Jerusalem, Jerusalem, sing for the night is o'er
Hosannah, in the highest, hosannah forevermore.
______________________________________________________ 
Jerusalem All rights reserved by EstherHb @flickr.com 
Grape Vine All rights reserved by MonsterMuffin20 @flickr.com 
Jerusalem All rights reserved by fransglobal @flickr.com 
Jerusalem 2 All rights reserved by fransglobal @flickr.com
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy