Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Fountain of Cleansing Will Open for Israel

The Minor Prophets Speak To Today


Fountain

In That Day:

A Fountain of Cleansing Will Open


Zechariah 13:1 NLT

____________________________________________________________

“On that day a fountain will be opened for the dynasty of David and for the people of Jerusalem, a fountain to cleanse them from all their sins and impurity.
____________________________________________________________

One of the most ignored truths today is that Israel is buried in the sins of its people and the sins of its governments. Israel is impure and getting more and more so. These sins and impurities have been carried down through the centuries. Out into the Diaspora and back into the land. As in the times of the old prophets, their sins and impurities have been heaped to the heavens. There has been no way to be washed since the destruction of the temple in 70 AD. With the rejection of grace their spiritual captivity has been complete.


AMAZING GRACE - A Personal Story


When in the military, I received orders to go to Thule, Greenland. This meant leaving my family for a full year and living in an isolated area. Don't get me wrong. I was thrilled to go to the Arctic. It was a childhood dream, but I was not a child anymore. I was a husband and a father and loved both.

As I prepared to go, everything worked out in spectacular ways. I was headed toward separation and things should have been tough. God blessed me and blessed me. It was unnerving. By the time I arrived in Greenland, these graces of the Lord were so overwhelming that I could see my sin. I could see the punishments I deserved. I became very frightened.  So frightened, I finally turned back to the Lord. (Did I tell you? I had been running away for seven years.)

IN THAT DAY - A Mirror Situation For Israel


But all is not lost! God has not been slack. At the end of days, as we have heard in the last few weeks, God takes visible control of history. Like me, Isreal is blessed into a time of mourning and repentance, by God's unmerited favor and a spirit of grace and prayer opens their eyes and heart.

THERE IS A FOUNTAIN THAT OPENS FOR THEIR CLEANSING


Not that grace had not been available on an individual basis. Not that there had not been Jewish Christians from the beginning and down through the ages. But, as prophecy in the Old Testament and prophecy in the New Testament foretells, after the pouring out of the spirit of grace to see and prayer to cry out to God, God sends waves of cleansing upon the people. Waves of cleansing upon the nation. 

GOD POURS OUT A FOUNTAIN OF CLEANSING TO CLEANSE THEM FROM THEIR SINS.

Fountain

GOD POURS OUT A FOUNTAIN OF CLEANSING TO CLEANSE THEM FROM THEIR IMPURITIES.


Cleansed from impurities! How awesome it that!

Even so - Come Lord Jesus.



Photo Credits:
Fountain by Mike Freedman, some rights reserved @ flickr.com
Fountain by 10001dp, some rights reserved @ flickr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy