Sunday, July 26, 2009

7/26/2009 - The Cracked Door

Today's Mental Image:
IF THE DOOR IS CRACKED THE DOOR IS OPEN
-  *  -
short on time?  scroll down to Confessions of the Single Heart below 
(sometimes another blogs message is just so godly we must share)

Single Christians Dying for a Word
[Sounds Like A Cracked Door To Me !]
/  -  /
-
-
Single again! Man, I hate that! I didn't think it would be this hard. I wonder if God would mind if I just "cuss" a little because that's what I feel like doing. Nobody on the radar.... Nobody to call at midnight tonight. Rats! Let me stop complaining. I think this calls for a celebration. I'm hitting the club tonight and I'm not leaving until I'm in a drunken stupor. Let me call my peoples. That's what's up! I heard the singles will be out in their numbers. Maybe I'll meat... I mean meet someone. I better bounce back from this quick because I don't want my ex to know that I'm hurting. Forget the ex! I got this! If only I really knew what to do, I would do it.
\
My dad said to never fall in love. He said that single people who fall in love tend to fall on top of each other and the woman gets pregnant. We can walk, grow and live in love but falling in love is not a good idea. He's a funny guy. He does have a point, though. What many of us conceive as falling in love is really infatuation. I've been infatuated before and nobody except God could convince me that it wasn't real love. You don't have to admit it to me because God's the only person we all have to answer to.
\
Single Christians are so desperate for a Word from The Lord. Honestly, I didn't care about that because I was too busy handling my own business. However, God's message to singles just burned in my heart until I couldn't take it any more. We read all these books, enter discussion groups, talk to our friends, attend conferences and still can't find the answers we're looking for. Don't tell us what you think. What is The Lord saying? There is a famine of in depth revelation for single Christians. Outside of the surface level teaching that comes out occasionally, most of us are left to figure things out ourselves.
\
\
Many bad decisions being made in The Body of Christ are a direct result of broken hearts. When people get hurt they can't think straight and follow the directions of their broken hearts. Those decisions only make things worse and send them deeper into the hole they're already living in. Every single person has a story. Some have been ignored by the opposite sex. Some have been dumped. Some don't know which sex they want to be with. Some have been divorced. Some don't care for marriage. However, many are hurting and don't know where to turn.
\
While recovering from my own broken heart years ago, God gave me the message, "Break your addiction to Emotional Painkillers!" You might want to read it because it really blessed my life. Human beings have automatic responses to pain and some of them are very destructive. Nonetheless, God has a plan in The Bible that will work to fix that. I tried it myself and I shared it in that message.
\
\
After seeking God's face for a proper understanding of His message to single Christians He gave me the same answer as The Apostle Paul. Our heart belongs to The One who created it. Therefore, if the main message of books on Singleness, Singles Conferences, Singles Ministry meetings and Singles Outreaches is not giving your heart wholly and completely to God, something is wrong. Everything else we talk about is minor in comparison to this. He is the reason for our existence and until He becomes our number one priority we'll never get things right. Today, let's focus on Psalm 63:1-8.

\  \  \
Confessions of The Single Heart

1 O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.

My heart yearns for you, God. I stretch my hands and reach out for you. I try to find you in everything I do. My body longs for you. It longs for you more than it longs for human companionship. It longs for you more than it longs for a spouse. It longs for you more than it longs for sex. You are my deepest desire. My life is empty without you.

2 I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory.

I admire you so much. Wherever you are, I want to be. I just think about you and it amazes me. Why would someone on your level consider someone on mine? Like Moses, I yearn to be in the midst of your glory. Oh, to be intimate with The One who created me. I can't take my eyes off you. Your strength fascinates me. Who can compare to you?

3 Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you!

Sometimes, I don't know how to receive your love. After some of the things I have done to you, why do you still love me? My tears are all I have to let you know what I feel in my heart. My words are never enough. You are my life. Teach me how to love you the way you love me. Give me your love so that I can give it back to you.

4 I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer.

I rush to the place of prayer. I can't wait for a little privacy so I can hear your voice. I just want you to know what you mean to me. My hands are raised in surrender. I give up my life. Forget about my plans. What you want is what I want. Show me your ways.

5 You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy.

I desire you more than I desire food. My heart is hungry for you. You make me happy. You are the source of true joy. What can I have on this earth that's like you? My desires are channeled in your direction. My soul finds no satisfaction except in you.

6 I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night.

As I lay in bed alone, I think about you. What would my life be like if I walked with you for the rest of it? What kind of relationship did you have with Enoch? Could we have the same thing? What do you really think about me, Lord? I want to please you. I need approval everyday and I want it from you.

7 Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings.

As a single person, I am not without help. You are my helper. I want to make a major announcement. Let's have a celebration. I have found help that is suitable for me. God is my help. Lord, I find joy in the time I spend with you. I want to stay with you forever. You make my heart sing.

8 I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely.

Lord, you are the reason why I'm still standing. I hated my life. I hated my ex. I felt used, abused, hurt and disappointed but you held me. I blamed myself for everything that happened but you strengthened me. Thank you so much. I need you. I can face life again because of you.
\
God has reached out to us with His Word and wants us to reach out to Him with our obedience. When we're hungry for Him, He feeds us. When we're thirsty for Him, we can drink of His presence. When we're alone, He holds us in His arms. He refuses to let go of us. He will not lose His single people. The Church will flourish and we will be as strong as ever. His plans will prevail!

from
-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy