Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Quaker Prophet's Cry - 8/26/2009

Today's Mental Image:
A Window On A Prophet's World
/\
Every weakness I have has become a strength.  Every strength a knife welding force that has stabbed my own soul - has cut the very life within my soul and the soul of all that have cared about me and been cared for by me.
 
Think that's a scandal !
click The Prophet's Cry above.
The Reality ?
\/
He holds me by my feet 
when I am afraid to drink
from the quiet waters
of the River of God.
+
He restores my soul:
by quieting me in the midst of storm, 
by guiding me in paths of righteousness, even when it hurts,
by patiently listening to my screams, 
for his name's sake.
+
Even though he walks me 
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I don't need to fear evil,
for he is with me.
Yes, his discipline and correction,
they comfort me.
+
Very often, he prepares a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
He is the source of my refreshing,
the joy of my salvation.
+
Forgive me Lord for my complaints.
And thank you for the record
of other prophets' cries.
It comforts me.
+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy