Monday, November 23, 2009

Plan A: God Uses People Too - 11/23/2009

Today's Mental Image:

You Must Have A Relationship To Grow

How People Grow
by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
-
FINDING THE RIGHT CLIMATE
Session 7b

God's Supernatural Plan A:
USE PEOPLE

"But God Uses People Too"
I hated hearing that phrase.
I HAD WANTED GOD TO TOUCH MY DEPRESSION INSTANTANEOUSLY AND HEAL ME

I thought that when God supernaturally intervened and healed, it was Plan A.  And this was true spiritual healing.  When God used people to heal, it was the "inferior," although effective, Plan B.  So there I was, grateful and somewhat disappointed at my grade B healing.  It was good but it felt more like sitting in the bleachers than in the box seats.  Then, one day I made a discovery in Scripture that changed my way of viewing Plan B: "From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting figament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work" (Eph. 4:16 NIV).

I could not believe it.  I read the verse again.  Not only was it true that "God uses people too," but this was not Plan B or second rate at all!  In fact, people helping people was PLAN A! The Bible said so.  Not only that, but it was not just people doing it.  It was God himself! God was working directly through people when they were helping me.  So Plan B was the original Plan A after all.

I was waiting for God to give me his grace through supernatural zapping; he was giving it to me through his people.  I was waiting for him to speak to me directly; he was speaking to me through his people.  I was waiting for him to give me direction in life; he was the strength behind the direction people were giving me.  I was waiting for him to heal my depression; he sent special people to comfort me.

GOD'S PLAN A: People!

from
How People Grow
Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend

NOTE FROM THE WEBMASTER:  Oh, God!  How many times have I mistaken my mental plan for your actions as Plan A.  My plan - Plan A.  Not yours.  Forgive me for accusing you of defaulting, not caring enough to give me the best, when I did not get it my way.  Forgive me for failing to accept and embrace your actions, your resources, and blaming the lack of results on you.  O Lord, how foolish I feel.  How foolish I have been.  Forgive.  Grant me repentance - that I may in fact act and think a different way.  Your way.  Amen.
-

Discussion Starter For Small Group
That Meets Monday Evenings
at
642 North Broadwell Ave., Grand Island, Nebraska
308-227-3221
All Are Welcome To Come
Or
Feel free to create an online discussion through Comments





No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy