Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Words From A Prophet Friend Of Mine - 3/31/2010

Today's Mental Image:
Where Is The New Me?

Chuck Balsamo, a prophet friend of mine, dreamed that he died.  When dealing with the dream before the Lord and with the Body of Christ, Chuck received some important truth about "the new man":

"it had a warning nature:


"This dream had a very strong warning nature. It exposed the dangers of a certain uncorrected course of action.

"it had a nucleus interpretation:

"The interpretation that jumped off the page for me… (not because it seemed so realistic in the natural) was the one written by Ryan Huffer. When I read that interpretation something bounced inside me… like this is the nucleus! Then, in prayer meeting last night… Vickie Rankin handed me a printed copy of the dream with her notes and the whole thing came together, encompassing every interpretation!

"it was about the old Chuck:

"That dream did represent the old Chuck… afraid of confronting people one on one with truth.

"it spoke about the danger of fear:

"In real life, I wrote a letter defending the owner of that house in court many years ago (not about real estate… about something else). Even though I was very truthful in the letter (about what I knew about this man), my spiritual gut said otherwise. I may have been defending a guilty man. And this is a horrible feeling!

"In the dream, I knew that something was wrong with what he was doing, but I was assisting him anyway. How many times have we all done this in the fear of confrontation?

"In the future, I need to be very careful about speaking the truth in love to everyone… and not allow people to manipulate me into signing off on things that are against my convictions. This man was deceitful and greedy. He was stealing legal territory from his current tenant, violating his contract with his current tenant, etc.

"it called for repentance:

"The old Chuck, didn’t always have the spiritual courage to say "NO WAY" when the actions of others went against convictions. And that can become a deadly thing!

"Now, I don’t want to be too hard on myself… because I have made many, many stands for truth, and I have demonstrated tremendous resolve with my own convictions, and I have been very protective of the ministries God has entrusted to my care.

"But as I go forward, I have to be more bold than ever before about following Gods voice and his strong convictions in my heart.

"I am asking God to forgive me for all of the times I’ve been too afraid of people to act fast enough. For all the times I failed to meet with people and tell them how I was really feeling. For all the times I’ve enabled destructive behaviors.

"it promised a new Chuck:

"Now! Read Ryan Huffer's interpretation…

'I think it’s because you’ve been stabbed in the back so many times by people that you “thought” were friends. You gave your life in an effort to help them, and they tried to kill you. They stabbed you over and over, until they thought you were dead. What they didn’t know, is that the old Chuck did die! The Chuck that died was the man that was afraid of the small things. He was afraid of being creative because the voices of judgement that surrounded him. Now YOU are not that man! You are the new and improved version. In this dream, you may have been killed… but the dream that is inside of you will never die and it will come true!!!! Don’t worry, be happy and have a great day!!!!'

"And God says to me, the OLD Chuck is dead! The NEW Chuck has graduated from this! How? Through a final STAB WOUND that brought about a year of DEATH and HUMILIATION.

"it spoke of new LIFE on the other side of death:

"All of that pain worked so much into my life that I would never be able to learn in a hundred conferences!

"2 Corinthians 4:16-18 'That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.'

"In other words… what’s happening IN US is always far more important than anything that’s ever happening TO US! All things always work together for our good!"



Now, this truth could have been written about my own life.  The last time, I was gutted while my attackers walked away smiling and laughing only to come back later to stab me not only in the back but also clear through my heart.  The death of fear was a huge part of the repentance and new life which has been growing from that incident.  Oh, it's taken more than a year and it is far from perfected in me yet, but, coming out the other side, I indeed am a NEW MAN, a prophet who knows that fear must not let him hold back from speaking.  My prophetic ministry, despite the rejection of "God's words" spoken through me, must be just as strong inside as it is outside of the church.

Do you want a prophetic example of what God does to individuals, will do to churches (His People), to seek to obtain our assent and obedience?  Just like so often with prophets, it is a God given parable - written for all the world to see.  It is the parable which is my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy